I Have Decided To Let Fear Fuel Me To Take A Leap Of Faith
I consider Sandra a charming girl. During my interaction with her, I experienced a lot of fresh energy, enthusiasm about life and a cool fine breath in her way of expressing self. I must also say she comes out to me as courageous and almost daring. Here is my brief interview with her. - (Coach Beatrice)
How did you get to know about Alabastron?
Through MY UNSPOKEN, reading ALL the stories in the website and from Dr. Amakove Wala who recommended it.
What did you know it was all about?
I knew it was about women letting out their issues and dealing with them
At the point where you made the decision to enrol, what specifically was happening in your life that you wanted to deal with?
- I had parted ways with my fiancée and although I was relieved and at peace I had not dealt with the situation. The emotional and physical abuse I had gone through affected my self esteem and left a void in me.
- I also had new born twin boys and taking care of them took a toll on me and I became a shell of myself.
- I filled the void I felt by distracting myself with food and shows and confining myself to specific environments.
In regard to what you wanted to deal with, what specifically has changed?
- I had an unhealthy self esteem, full of self doubt and I was in a shell.
- I am working on myself, taking better care of myself, doing what feels good while still getting out of my comfort zone.
- I am also learning to take chances, give people a chance, not to judge but listen and learn.
Which tool(s) really made sense and you are actually practicing?
- I am choosing not to write scripts and make up stories and to also manage my expectations.
- When interacting with others I am consciously reminding myself the love exercise
- I am not accepting titles given by society that I do not approve of
- I am working on my unhealthy patterns like binge eating
- I am accepting myself as I am and taking better care of myself (having me time, dressing appropriately for my current weight instead of waiting till I lose weight)
- I am reminding myself to be grateful everyday and more positive to myself and others
- I am also choosing to forgive and not hold grudges as they weigh me down
Any effects so far in your life due to the program?
- I have found courage. Instead of allowing fear to bring me down and pull me back, I have decided to let fear fuel me to take a leap of faith and explore opportunities.
- I have opened up to making new friends
- I am enjoying some guilt free me time and taking better care of myself I have found courage. Instead of allowing fear to bring me down and pull me back, I have decided to let fear fuel me to take a leap of faith and explore opportunities.
- I have accepted that self-care is important as you cannot nurture others from an empty vessel. A healthy relationship with self will set the tone for a healthy relationship with others.
- I have completed my riding lessons and will own a motorcycle soon.
- I am re-thinking my job as I have accepted that I do not enjoy it and would like to work in a more challenging and broad role.
What is the one specific take out from the program you will be forever grateful for?
- I am grateful for EVERYTHING I have learnt in this program. As I write this I am tearing up because this has been a wonderful emotional and self-discovery journey. I have accepted that self-care is important as you cannot nurture others from an empty vessel. A healthy relationship with self will set the tone for a healthy relationship with others.
- I am grateful that I am learning myself, my patterns, my potential and how to appreciate and love me. I am still a work in progress, and through the tools you have equipped me with, I am taking steps to enjoy an intentional life full of love, happiness and fulfilment.
- From the bottom of my heart I want to THANK YOU for the wonderful content and delivery of the program. It is my prayer that more ladies will invest in themselves and learn from this program